Thursday, October 18, 2007

Follie Check

Well, I had my CD7 ultrasound and b/w appointment this morning. It looks like things are progressing just fine. I was worried about using the expired Gonal but I guess I got it right when I thought that those expiration dates are just a way for the pharmaceutical companies to make more money.
I’ve got these follies so far: L 10.6, 9.7, 9.5, 9.1, 8.8, 7.0 and R 10.1, 9.6, 8.8, 8.0, and some small ones. Maybe I’ll actually end up with 2-3 good ones by trigger time. Now I’m just waiting for them to call with the E2 levels and what dose to take tonight and when my next appointment will be. IUI should be sometime next week Wednesday-Friday.

I had a few incidents the past few days that I thought you’d all understand.

First one: My appointment today fell on a day when I was supposed to have a staff meeting. We have had this staff meeting planned for months but of course with fertility treatments you don’t get to pick and choose when your appointments will be. So, I told my boss that I would need a half-sick day and would have to miss the meeting. I explained why – I did tell her privately that we were trying again so my doctor appointments would be increasing in frequency and not to worry that I was ill. I asked my co-worker to take notes for me at the meeting and said I’d have to miss it. Here’s what happened after that.
Pregnant co-worker: Well, where are YOU going to be?

Me: Oh, I have a doctor’s appointment that I can’t miss.

Pregnant co-worker: Oh, nice. You missed the last meeting too. Huh, you really should be more aware when you schedule your appointments.

Me (what I was screaming in my head): Shut up, fat pregnant lady!! Maybe not all of us get the luxury of only seeing a doctor when we’re truly ill, or having a choice of when our appointment will be, or getting pregnant having sex with our husbands! (what I actually said) Yeah, I know.

Next one: I’m working my second job. The one I work to help pay for the damn fertility treatments or future adoption costs. I overheard a co-worker tell a customer that she’s trying to get pregnant. So I ask about it and she says that they’ve been trying for over a year. I stupidly figure maybe she needs someone to talk to, someone who might be going through something similar.
She goes on to tell me how they got pregnant with their first child by accident. Then when they started trying for #2 it took six months. She did get pregnant but it was ectopic, and her story was very sad. She was near death before they found out what was wrong. So, they had to take a break and they just started trying again last month.
I felt very sad for her. It must have been hard to go through losing her baby combined with such a scary ordeal that almost cost her her life.
I shared my story – how long we’ve been trying, the miscarriage, everything.
What do I get in reply? She says’, “Maybe if you stopped trying so hard then you’d get pregnant. That’s when it happens for most people.” Yup, not trying so hard will definitely help J’s sperm count, and help them swim better too! Maybe I should spend my second job money on a vacation, I’m sure to come back pregnant, maybe even with multiples I’ll be so darn relaxed!!

Why is it that other people love to share their ass-vice when they don’t even know anything about the subject? And, when will I learn not to share with other people IRL? I think I will print out Mel’s manifesto, make copies, and share with people whenever they say something stupid about fertility or pregnancies. What do you all think?

No comments: