Friday, August 24, 2007

OMG I'm a blogger

Are you ready for my infertility journey?
OK, so this is my first blog and if you know anything about me I am so not the person to do this. Heck, I am probably the most technologically challenged person I know. But anyway...I really needed this venting place and thought my journey might help someone else so...

I should probably start out with a little background.

My dh J and I have been ttc#1 for 5 years and 7 months. Pretty unbelievable, eh? It may not be as long as some but it has been a long time. We started ttc shortly after we married in 2001. J thought there might be a problem with us ttc because he had never gotten a past girlfriend pregnant. I stupidly buried my head in the sand and thought that he was just lucky. Meanwhile I had spent fortunes on bcp's trying NOT to get pregnant. So, off the bcp's I go. My OB encouraged us to try naturally for a few months. After 6 months of that she ordered an SA for J, which came back looking pretty horrid. Low count, motility, and morph too. I also has some tests done with Dr. GYN and found that I had a luteal phase defect. Plus I had a thyroid problem. Things weren't looking good for J and I ttc naturally so off to the RE we go.

No comments: