Monday, November 12, 2007

The Three F's

OK, so I decided on choosing these three action steps for my get healthy challenge -
1. Eating at least two servings of fish a week to increase omega-3 fatty acid intake.
2. Floss teeth daily (I am terrible at this and it will definitely be a challenge to do this!)
3. Fitness -Cardiovascular/Strength Training 2x per week, Flexibility 1x per week

I'm excited about doing this! I really think I can stick to this plan for the next month. For the real age plan I'll need to follow these steps for three months, but the fitness one will increase in frequency in months 2 and 3.
I didn't choose stopping smoking as one because J is still smoking and I wanted to pick something I know I can be successful at. I've decided that I will cut back even more - to only smoking if I am out having a cocktail - which I only do about once a week. Then maybe I'll pick that as a step at the 3 month mark - when I review my real age.

4 comments:

dmarie said...

Yayyyy! Love seeing your plan! I gotta take the real age test. I should do that today. Great idea and Good Luck!

Jendeis said...

We're all in this together! Go us!

astral said...

Hello!! I wish you the best of luck on the 30 day get healthy challenge.

RBandRC said...

Good for you! I think its a great plan and it is so nice to have a goal that is attainable. I have to admit I spent like an hour on that real age site. That thing was addicting. :)

Good luck! I look forward to hearing about your progress.