Tuesday, August 19, 2008

The Plan

OB appointment today went well. Ultrasound still shows Baby A a little smaller than Baby B and both are face down. A is vertex and B is breech. Heartbeats, etc all look good.
Dr. OB said we could try naturally but she couldn't guarantee that even with the best doctor that they would be able to turn Baby B into a head down position after A is born - and I may end up going through labor and then having a c-section for the second baby. So, we decided to schedule a c-section to avoid that issue altogether. A little longer hospital stay and recovery time but I want to avoid having both labor and a c-section so that was the way to go.
Unless these boys decide to come out on their own we'll be scheduled for next Friday, August 29th.
J and I are so excited - less than 10 days and we will finally meet these two little bugs!! A little nervous too!


Baby Steps to Baby Shoes said...

How exciting that next week they will be here!

K @ ourboxofrain said...

Wow. That seems unbelievable. It seems especially unbelievable that you are going to carry them to 38+ weeks. That's awesome!

Malloryn said...

That is such exciting news! You've done an amazing job of carrying them for this long. We're excited to meet the little guys too. :)

Road Blocks and Roller Coasters said...

So exciting! I can't wait to read about their arrival! :) HUGS!