Thursday, June 26, 2008

Time keeps on slippin into the future....

Wow, lots has happened since my last post. Sometimes I don't even know where the time goes. J and I are both starting to freak out a bit at the number of days left until our little bugs could arrive. Of course anythings possible but that ticker says 70-something days and I've been subtracting 30 from that number all along, since 50% of twins arrive early. I am hoping that I can make it to 36 weeks though - just so that they have sufficient cooking time and hopefully will not have to be in the NICU at all.
That's only about 6 weeks left to go.

I had my 3 hour Glucose test last week. While it was worse than the one hour it still wasn't as bad as I had anticipated. The worst part was sitting at the lab for 3 hours! I read 3 entire magazines in that time. Luckily two days later I found out that I passed. Whew! Apparently even though you can eat and drink normally prior to the one hour test, it is not wise to drink chocolate milk before the test. I think that's what must have thrown off the one hour results. But for now I can continue to eat my carbs and not be overly concerned.
My appointment with Dr. OB earlier this week was again, thankfully, uneventful. No ultrasound this time, just measuring, weighing, blood pressure, and all the other normal things. I am up 33 pounds at 29 weeks. Dr. OB also informed me that I am now measuring the same size as someone pregnant with a singleton at 40 weeks. Have to keep an eye out for signs of PTL now but so far I've only had some slight BH contractions that go away with drinking water or moving around.
My co-workers had a shower for me yesterday. I work with a bunch of very generous people. We got clothes, gift cards, bouncy seats, diaper bag, toys, bedding, and 4 boxes of diapers! Hard to believe that they would want to have a shower for me after I haven't attended one in a few years. But I think since they all knew about our IF struggles they all understood, to some extent, why I wasn't attending.

We began our childbirth classes this week too. Of course everyone in the class had questions for us during the break about twins. We were the most popular couple in the class. I even had a woman who is due in just 4 weeks let me cut in line for use of the bathroom. How bad is that?! She said it would be easier for her to wait with just one baby pressing down on the bladder than for me to wait with two.
I think that the classes will be helpful but not sure how much of the relaxation tips really help. I guess I'm a bit skeptical that breathing is going to help with that level of pain. Looking forward to the class that actually teaches us about all of the different pain relief options available to us.

My family is having a shower for us next week - over the holiday weekend. Luckily Dr. OB said it was OK to travel the 2 1/2 hours to go to it. My sisters were a bit worried about whether I'd be there or not. I'm excited to see them - they haven't seen me since February when I was about 10 weeks along. Boy, will they be shocked!!
After that J and I will have our hands full putting things together, washing clothes, and getting things in order. I'm very thankful for that - thankful that we are getting closer to my hands being full rather than empty.

4 comments:

AwkwardMoments said...

Congrats on passing the GTT and have a great shower!

K @ ourboxofrain said...

Congrats on passing the 3 hour!

It's amazing to think that you could have your little ones in your arms in a few short weeks. I'm shocked to think of how little time is left too, though I'll probably have a little more time than you. I keep thinking about the fact that I have 11 weeks to go, and will probably take the last week off from work, and have two weeks vacation scheduled in July, so I only really have eight more weeks of work. Crazy.

Your work shower sounds great. I hope you have a wonderful time at the family shower next weekend!

RBandRC said...

YAY for passing the GTT!!! WOOHOO!!! Have a wonderful time at your shower! :) HUGS!

Malloryn said...

Congrats on passing the GTT! I hope you have a wonderful time at your shower with your family and friends. I imagine the next few weeks will pass quickly!